Popular Posts

Feb 12, 2023

May the Chaos Begin!

From the moment i was told it was officially the time to start thinking and working on our film openings my mind has been in complete chaos. I had never put much thought into the opening of a movie . Now every time i see a movie i'm only paying attention to the opening scene of it.I use to think the most important parts of a film were the plot and how it ends but never how it begins. Now i think choosing an opening scene its the most complicated part in a film.
At first i couldn't come up with anything because i kept thinking of the bigger picture, of the whole movie rather than just the first minutes of the movie. I was stuck in a situation when your brain is full of thoughts but not a single one seems good enough. So i did what i always do.
I told everything to my parents, my sister and even my friends parents, asking them for an idea, inspiration, something.Now i have four good ideas but no idea which one to choose. Each idea is in a different genre: Romance,Slice of Life,Mystery, and even a documentary.I love watching romance and slice of life movies but hate mystery and documentary. But i love the documentary idea in this case. 
I begun with the problem of not having any ideas and now i have too many that i think are too good and I hate having to take decisions. I think I'm going to do research in each genre and develop a storyboard for each because I'm a visual person so when i see details of what the opening of each idea would look like, I'll be more able to make a decision. 
I'll keep you guys update on what i choose and all other chaos.

Fall In Love with Rom-Coms

What is a Rom-Com? A Romantic Comedy is a sub-genre of comedy. In a Rom-Com the whole plot of the film revolves around a romantic concept an...