Popular Posts

Apr 1, 2023

Edit till you drop

And then the post production time came.

After three days of recording all the footage i opened all the editing softwares possible, which almost made my computer explode, and got to work.

During this process i had into two main problems:

-There was literally no time for corrections or re-filming.

-All my footage was in 4k so proxies were needed.                                                                                                                                                                           

 
First of all I put everything in a hard drive and made a copy of it in another one because i just had to make sure. Then I had to make proxies which took about three hours. Then  organized my clips in DaVinci by colors. DaVinci was the main program i used to create the  timeline because it is the most organized, up to date software and perfect for color correcting.  After color coordinating, i started the process of cutting and re arranging clips.  I used techniques like ramping, slowing and fast cuts to create the sensation of hard training but also that cinematographic element. 

While all of that was happening, in another computer the final clip was in After Effect, being tracked to be able to anchor the title to the stand. Creating the title not only took half of my brain cells but also took something around six hours. I did the tracking process perfectly but then I wanted it to look like it was behind the doors and couldn't figure it out. I texted three people, watched five youtube tutorials and almost cried once. However, it was all fine at the end of the day because I figure it out and the title came out just like I wanted it. 

After the time line was ready i had to create the voice note, create the breaths at the beginning and find music. Somehow the music finding process wasn't as tedious as i expected to. I was just scrolling through audionetwork and came across the two songs that matched the vibe perfectly. 

Finding the font also wasn't the worst. i logged into Dafont.com and searched sports fonts and i found just the right one in a matter of minutes. 


Premier pro was also running along with DaVinci Resolve, as i waited for the timeline to render in DaVinci, i made the graphics in Premier and exported them in Alpha format. 

I animated the 2s films on premier also in a matter of minutes and then animated the part of "a film by" in DaVinci. 


Getting the sound to mix just right was probably the thing that frustrated me the most, I  erased and re imported the sound into the timeline more than five times, i cut it in different places, move it left, move it right, two frames right, three frames left. 

And then I had to create subtitles which I had completely forgotten about and i had already render it out. i figure out the subtitles and then had to watch more tutorials on how to export the subtitles on DaVinci because they kept being left out. 

Overall, after hours of sitting in front of the computer and about five mental breakdowns, i finished. 


                                                                                       







Fall In Love with Rom-Coms

What is a Rom-Com? A Romantic Comedy is a sub-genre of comedy. In a Rom-Com the whole plot of the film revolves around a romantic concept an...